Monday 19 March 2012

Felder Felder AW12 LFW Show

Friday 17th February


My first show of the season.  This Fashion Week was going to be different for me.  For the past six seasons I have done LFW through Mac Cosmetics, taken my kit with me, set up my own little station, knew where all my products were, and made up the models.  This season however I went about doing it on a freelance basis.  I had assisted Georgina Graham on a few shoots already and she asked me if I would like to be her intern at LFW, so of course I jumped at the chance.  I was told by her first assistant Natalie Piacun that there was no need to bring my own kit, if we needed to we would just share Georgina's.  When we arrived at Sommerset House I was told to obtain the model list and running order from production.  This was what I was going to be in charge of- the dreaded model list.  At any one time when asked by Georgina I was meant to be able to tell her who had arrived, who was in hair, who was in make-up, who had been checked off by Georgina, and who we were waiting on to arrive.  Now this might not seem too difficult to you, but trust me it was!!! There are so many people backstage it is ridiculous, so that in itself makes it difficult to find people when you need to, or to get to someone to grab them quickly if you need to.  At times it is literally nearly impossible to move!  Also, I am famous for never being able to remember any ones name at the best of times, I've normally forgotten someones name 10 seconds after they've told me, then all of a sudden I have to remember 16 girls names who all look the same and know exactly where they are at any given time!  So it was slightly stressful!  If someone new had squeezed in without me realising I'd be in trouble.  If I didn't watch the movement of every girl at all times so I knew what was going on then I'd be in trouble.  But how can you do that!!!???   It got quite confusing at times as you can imagine.  Things seemed relatively calm on the surface however, things were moving along nicely, but time was ticking on and on and we were still missing five girls who were coming after they had done the Maria Grachvogel show which was unfortunately running extremely late!  In the end the Mac crew had to call in extra artists as the time grew closer and closer to show time.  Make-up and hair had to set up stations together ready for the models arrival and when they finally arrived they were literally pounced on and dragged to their seats where hair, make-up and nails all had to be done at the same time in a very small amount of room.  This was when everyone was shouting out they needed this or that product and I was trying to run around (or push through the sea of photographers and god knows who), to find the products which I couldn't find because someone else had them because three people were all using the same kit and oh my goodness!  Then myself and Kate (Georgina's old first assistant and good friend), had to leave this show to make way to the Basso and Brooke show that Georgina was also keying because the times overlapped.  So we missed some of the backstage craziness.  But Georgina said that the show went out only 20 minutes late which was incredible really, and of course the models looked amazing!  Well done George!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.