Thursday 29 March 2012

Attitude magazine

Thursday 8th March

Martina Luisetti, whom used to be a senior artist for Mac Cosmetics (this is how I know her), is now signed to The Book Agency.  Now, this lady is one of the most talented make-up artists I know, some of the work I have seen of hers is just ridiculous!!!  She is such an inspiration to me, someone I've always looked up to.  So I was super chuffed when she asked me if I would like to be put down on her assistant list! It wasn't long before I was asked to assist her on a shoot for Attitude magazine, shot by Bella Howard.  The location was Rivoli Ballrooms in SE4, which suited the story well.  The theme of the shoot was a piss take out of a 'Mr Britain' competition.  We had 10 male models to make up, all various shades of tan, or 'orange', and these were the contestants- 'Mr Newcastle', or 'Mr Birmingham', and so on.  I was instructed to make one of the boys look 'ridiculously orange' bless him, it was a good job he was a good sport and could take the mic out of himself.  Martina had the idea of using sellotape around one of the boys arms to make tan lines with dark concealer, and then removing the tape so it looked like he had t-shirt marks.  She also used the tape and concealer idea to make comedy 'tide marks' on one of the three judges jaw line that we also had to make-up.  As you can imagine we all had a right laugh, whilst being completely professional of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.