Monday 22 November 2010

Hair and make-up for Sarah Harding




Wednesday 17th November

Sarah Harding is working on her first presenting job for a TV show, Dating In The Dark. I was up at 4:50 to get myself ready and make my way on public transport (boo hoo), all the way up to Highgate West Hill, to start at 7. Oh someone get me a taxi, lol! I never knew hills like that existed in London, blimey!!! The house that is being used for the show is huge, and beautiful. I am told that a family with two kids live there, and that they have moved in to a flat in Belsize Park for a couple of months, whilst renting out their house for the filming, (and are making a few bob whilst they are at it too)! It's not as big as the house directly opposite though, which apparently is the house used for Fame Academy, and is the second biggest residence in England after Buckingham Palace!!

Anyway, Kolbrun Ran is the key hair and make-up artist. I assist her in getting Sarah ready from 7 until 9am, when Sarah should be ready to start. When 11am comes, Kolbrun is free to go home, and I stay with Sarah all day, touching up her hair and make-up in between takes. After each bit of filming is done, Sarah and I hang out in her room whilst the crew are setting up for the next section. As you can probably imagine, it did seem a little strange at first, hanging out in her dressing room just the two of us, but she is so lovely, and quickly made me feel really comfortable in being there. I'm sure it was a little odd for her too!

So what can I tell you about Sarah..... well it was her birthday on this day. The days are soooooo long and tiring, but Sarah didn't complain one bit that it was her birthday and she was working. We didn't finish until about 9pm, and she still has about an hour and a half drive back to hers, and has to be back for 7am the next morning. She is very professional and just gets on with the job. She doesn't complain when we are filming outside and she's freezing. She is partial to oysters (her boyfriend made them for her the day before to celebrate her birthday), and brings in her favourite mug from home to have her coffee in, bless! She is a natural at presenting- I am sure many job offers will come from this, and she is STUNNING!

I got home about 10ish that night, and had to be up the same time the next day to start at seven again. OMG, I felt soooooo sick on my way there it was awful, but worth it! I was fine after a few hours, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.