Wednesday 10 August 2011

Schuh Campaign


Wednesday 20th July

I was very excited to be assisting Phyllis Cohen from DW Management for the 30 years of Schuh campaign. She is so very talented, and is very well known for her body painting and tatoo work. I didn't get to see these talents on this shoot however, but it was amazing to work with her just the same! She is so lovely and down to earth, and makes you feel very relaxed and just trusts that you'll do a good job and lets you get on with it. It was a very long day, there was a lot of models to make up who were arriving at various times throughout the day. I had to get to Abbey Wood for 7:45am, where we were then taken to a strange housing estate nearby called Tavy Bridge Estate in Thamesmead. As we were driving down a main road to get to it we passed some ponies on the grass, right next to the road and in front of the block of flats, very strange!

There were four different group types in which the models were going to be shot and filmed in throughout the day- SKA, break dance, hipster and goth. I even got roped in to be an extra for SKA because they were a little short and liked my look. It was just for a little bit of filming and I got to keep my pair of shiny Doc Martins ;o) Phyllis' son came down too and was an extra for various things, he was very sweet. I had such a good day, it was one of those days that puts you in a really positive mood and I had some great chats with Phyliss. She gave me some really good advice. I hope I get to work with her again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.