Wednesday 10 August 2011

Dazed and Confused

Thursday 28th July

My first time assisting someone from Streeters on a shoot rather than a show, make-up artist Gemma Smith-Edhouse asked me to assist her on a main fashion spread for Dazed and Confused magazine. It took place at The Roost, E8, which looks like it used to be a pub from the outside and is this amazing old house inside, which is available for hire to the film and photographic industry. Hedi Slimane, who used to be a very successful French fashion designer, working for the likes of Yves Saint Laurent and Christian Dior, has since made the transition to photographer and was indeed shooting this story. Styling the shoot was Robbie Spencer who is the menswear fashion editor at Dazed.

Gemma looked immaculate. She is slim and very tall and was wearing a sixties style shift dress. She assisted Val Garland for about two years before being taken on herself. She told me she only ever wanted to be with Streeters.

There was a lot of people to make-up, about 35 I think. Some models, some singers or musicians etc. The idea was to make them up in a way that they might do them selves, but much better obviously! I did quite a few of the boys, I think I have Gemma's regime sussed now hopefully! She seamed pleased with me, and I hope I get to work with her again soon! I don't have any pictures unfortunately, I didn't fell comfortable taking any but when the mag comes out I will definitely post them on here...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.