Thursday 24 March 2011

L'uomo Vogue Shoot


Thursday 17th March

There were a lot of coincidences happening on this day. As I have done Steve Strange's make-up before, which he was very happy with, he asked me to do his make-up for a L'uomo Vogue shoot. I have shot for this magazine a few times before, with the amazing photographer Iain Mckell. I know Iain shoots a lot for this magazine, so I was wondering if he might be shooting it. I knew it would be right up his street, as I know he loves everything about the New Romantics movement. And lo and behold, it was Iain shooting it! He called me the morning of the shoot, explaining that Pam Hogg was now also going to be involved, and could I do her make-up also? Err, well yes I can, thank you very much! ;o) I once helped make-up the models for a video Pam was making, so I had met her before also, it was all very cosy! In more ways than one, lol! The space we had to get ready was the size of a postage stamp, for the clothes rails, four stylists, two make-up artists (another make-up artist, Charlie, was there also to groom Adam Ant, and Gary and Martin Kemp), all our suitcases and bags etc, and all the bodies.


Now Pam is certainly a lady who knows what she wants, which is great, she has great personal style, and is so friendly, she is a lovely person to be around. So with the make-up, it was about having her look like herself, and doing her make-up in a style that she would normally wear, she had a lot of input in it. Steve just cracks me up, he his so funny and doesn't shut up! He was off to meet Prince Harry apparently straight after the shoot, so he was very pleased to have his make-up done, and kept the clothes on to borrow for it as well!

http://www.artsphere.fr/index_artsphere.php#/IAIN%20MCKELL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.